I often get messages with questions about how to start a blog and what the easiest way to be a fashion blogger is. So I decided to give you a short 10 steps guide how to become a fashion blogger.
1. Before everything else, you’ll need a lot of time, patience, a good wardrobe and a descent camera. If you don’t have money to spend on a professional camera, it’s fine, you can still use your phone as long as you’re good at editing. Remember, the quality of your content matters!
2. Pick a platform for your blog that is easy for you to use and is in sync with your personal aesthetics. The most common ones that bloggers use are WordPress, Blogger and Squarespace. I’d personally recommend Blogger.
3. Spend some time on customizing your website. That’s your baby. How do you want to present it to the world? What’s its name? How do you want it to look like? All the platforms mentioned above are easy to set up and it doesn’t take a genius to do so. So, no excuses accepted!
4. Make a list of posts that you’re going to publish in the first 4 weeks with dates, titles and everything. Stick to it!
5. Find a friend who is willing to take photos of your outfits. C’mon, there should be someone out there who wants to do that. No? It doesn’t need to be a photographer. No? Anyone? Okay then, check in Fiverr.
6. Now when you’ve got some published content, TELL EVERYONE about your blog! Yes, you heard me. EVERYONE. Your friends, family, work mates, the person, who’s queuing in the shop in front of you. Okay, maybe not the last one, but you got what I meant. E-V-E-R-Y-O-N-E!
7. Repeat number 4 in the next few months until it becomes a habit.
8. Now, create an Instagram account and TELL EVERYONE ABOUT IT.
9. Start sharing your blog content on Instagram too on a daily basis. At least one photo per day. Everyday! (Don’t forget to use the accurate hashtags like #fashionblogger, #styleblogger, #ootd (outfit of the day), etc. Do some research on what your competitors use and work well for them!
10. Congratulations! You are now a certified fashion/style blogger.
Keep doing everything I just listed and you will start getting e-mails for collaborations as well as other benefits of being a blogger at some point. That’s a subject for another post though.
So to summarize, commit your time, passion and creativity on your new blog and be regular and persistent with your posts. Don’t give up or get disappointed if you don’t hit hundreds of likes or followers at first. Keep reminding yourself the reason you’re doing it for. (You must have a bigger reason that wanting to be social media famous otherwise unless of course, you are willing to spend A LOT OF MONEY on advertisements, you will give up easily at the very begging.) Learn from your successes and from your failures. And be patient. Your audience will notice your efforts. Just don’t give up.
Let me know if you found this information helpful and want to read more posts like that in the future.
Have a lovely week! x